Programs for Children
Storytime (September through April)
Norelius Community Library current holds two regular storytimes from September through April.
- Read & Play is aimed at children ages 1-3 and is held on Wednesday mornings at 10 am. An emphasis is placed on early language development by reading stories, engaging in fun rhymes, and singing songs. A simple craft or extension activity is offered after every session. Older children are also welcome to attend, but the structure of the program is designed for babies and toddlers.
A repeat of the Wednesday Read & Play is held on some Saturdays at 10 am. See our event calendar for specific Saturday dates.
- Stories & Cuentos is held on the first Saturday of every month at 10 am. This is the perfect storytime for pre-school and school age children as it is aimed at an older audience. Children of all ages and their caregivers will enjoy reading stories, doing rhymes and fingerplays, singing songs, and crafting. Stories and songs are presented in a combination of English and Spanish.
STEAM Saturday (September through April)
Full STEAM ahead! Join us once a month on the third Saturday at 10 am for a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) activity in in the Children's Library! This program is designed for children and tweens who can work independently and follow instructions (ages 8-13). We will be exploring STEAM concepts through activities such as domino toppling, LEGO, process art, coding and more! See our event calendar for each month's activity.
Summer Library Program (June & July)
Join us each June and July for a fun variety of activities! We will have special events, storytimes, crafts and more! Please see our Summer Library Program page for more detail.
Children's Library Activities
We have a variety of things for kids to do here at Norelius Community Library, including:
- Play video games on our Nintendo Switch
- Use our computer and iPads
- Play board games
- Play with a variety of toys and Lego
- Put together puzzles
- Make crafts using our Maker Table
- And read books, of course!