Programs for Children
Winter Reading Program
Winter reading program sheets can be found at this link! Children can turn in their sheets between December 21st and December 30th, 2022 for a prize!
Norelius Community Library has three regular Storytime programs that run year-long, with a break in May and August:
- My First Storytime is aimed at children ages 1-3 and is held on Wednesday mornings at 10 am. An emphasis is placed on early language development by reading stories, engaging in fun rhymes, and singing songs. Repetition is important for language development, so many of the elements are repeated throughout each month, but no two storytimes are the same! A simple craft or extension activity is offered after every session. Older children are also welcome to attend, but the structure of the program is designed for babies and toddlers.
- Family Storytime is held on the second Saturday of every month at 10 am. This is the perfect storytime for pre-school and school age children as it is aimed at an older audience. Children of all ages and their caregivers will enjoy reading stories, doing rhymes and fingerplays, singing songs, and crafting.
- Cuentos Para Niños is our once-monthly bilingual storytime, held at 10 am on the fourth Saturday of every month. Stories are presented in both English and Spanish along with traditional kids' songs in both languages. A craft or activity is available after each storytime.
Join us one night a month for a fun family activity in the Children's Library from January through April! Please check our event calendar, Facebook page or call the library at 263-9355 for each month's activity.
Children's Library Activities
We have a variety of things for kids to do here at Norelius Community Library, including:
- Play video games on our Nintendo Switch
- Use our computer and iPads
- Play board games
- Play with a variety of toys and Legos
- Put together puzzles
- Make crafts using our Maker Table
- And read books, of course!