Your Library Card
Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
Getting a library card is quick and easy. Here are some things you need to know:
- All Iowa residents are eligible for a free library card at the Norelius Community Library. Out of state patrons may be charged an annual fee.
- Children may sign up for their own library card at any age, so long as their parent/legal guardian co-signs the application for them. Typically, we do not recommend cards for children under 3 years old.
- Youth aged 17 and younger must have a parent or legal guardian come to the library and co-sign their application card.
- Adults age 18 and older may sign for their own card.
- All adults signing for their own card, or co-signing a minor's card, will need to display a photo identification, as well as some sort of proof of current address. Typically, an Iowa driver's license is all that is needed. Pre-printed checks, utility bills, and voter registration cards are all examples of proof of address.
- Library card applications may be filled out at the main floor checkout desk, or in the Children's Library on the second floor.